Covid-19 Resource List
We know everyone has been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak in some way. During this time of uncertainty, it’s important more than ever to maintain the strength of our community, and we’re doing everything we can to provide opportunities for us all to connect and support each other. We’ve gathered some resources shared by other Changemakers and wish to share them.
- Legal Services of Greater Miami has complied information regarding immigration services, evictions, and more!
- The Miami Herald put together a list of resources for individuals seeking unemployment help, child care help, as well as other useful hotlines.
- The Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce below has published a resource guide regarding how to sign up for unemployment, funds/grants that are available and links for job postings in the Miami and Miami Beach area.
- Looking for ways to give back, get involved from a distance, or donate to local organizations as coronavirus restrictions and changes continue to impact Miami? The Miami New Tropic has been collecting recommendations from their readers. (Many of the resources listed here were taken for their very lost list of resources!)
- View a map put together by The Miami Climate Alliance, of drive-thru testing centers and food distributions and stores with senior-only hours.
- A list of testing centers in Miami-Dade, Broward and the Keys
- The University of Miami Butler Center for Service & Leadership has been promoting virtual volunteer opportunities.
- Community Justice Project has released exceptional legal resources and advocacy steps to protect our most vulnerable, which can be accessed here.
- SVP Miami’s searchable, filterable database has 200+ resources
- For active C4SC Members: Don’t forget about C4SC’s Wellness Events! Head to the This Week’s Events section for more information and to register!
- Free Teachings and Meditations from Eckhart Tolle and Kim Eng
- Sanvello: Sanvello is a digital care app that offers mood tracking, self-assessment test, coping tools, and a peer support network. The service is offering free premium access for as long as COVID-19 remains a national emergency.
- Baptist Health is offering virtual community health classes.
- NAMI Miami is offering digital mental health services and patient resources while continuing to operate English & Spanish hotlines, which can be found here.
- Opa-locka CDC is operating remotely and continues to offer vital holistic community services for families, entrepreneurs, and the unemployed at a time when their community needs them the most.
- HIP (Health Information Project) is also focusing on providing remote support where possible, and was luckily able to still have their HIP DAY early last month which brought together over 1,700 high school student health leaders like Giancarlo who shared his story of trauma and resilience.
- Take a virtual view of the Vizcaya museum
- Explore.org is the world’s leading philanthropic live nature cam network and documentary film channel. Watch nature unfold live right now!
- Take a virtual tour of the Louvre.
- Take a virtual tour of Yosemite.
- Take a virtual tour of the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam.
- Take a look around and discover the Secret Annex where Anne Frank hid for more than 2 years during WWII and where she wrote her diary.
- These 12 famous museums offer Virtual Tours
- Here are 20 websites to help keep kids busy
- Scribd is now offering a 30 day free trial with no credit card requirement. They host over a million titles, including e-books, magazines, audiobooks and more.
- Yale’s most popular class ever is now available for free online — and the topic is how to be happier in your daily life.
- SVP Miami is hosting virtual Mastermind sessions for thier Investees and others where their CEOs and executives have a unique forum to share about their struggles, learnings and triumphs with peers, and have the opportunity to get some on-the-spot support from experts. If you’re a social venture leader interested in joining one of our Mastermind groups, contact them HERE.
- SVP Miami has been creating teams of skilled experts to assist their Investees and Mastermind group participants in the following critical need areas:
- Funding (including COVID-19 related opportunities)
- Technology (transition to virtual programming/operations)
- Scenario Planning/Business Continuity
If you’re interested in using your skills to serve right now as a part of their Rapid Response Teams or otherwise, please contact them HERE.
- What can we do to address the impending economic and social crisis in the wake of COVID-19 and beyond?After some research, SVP Miami identified 2 potential opportunities that align with their strengths and mission:
- Skills-Based Volunteering Platform: connecting more people that want virtual, safe opportunities to give back with their skills, and connecting them to social impact organizations that need their help.
- Full-Spectrum Funding Opportunities: providing forums to connect funders to impactful opportunities to both give and invest in organizations and initiatives that will drive extraordinary impact during these critical times.
If you are interested in learning more about these opportunities or collaborating, please them HERE.
Just for fun
- Villain Theater had to close their physical space but they’re still doing shows. You can check them out on Youtube!
- Stream Your Favorite Broadway Hits! Anytime, Anywhere with a 7-day free trial to BroachwayHD.
- Guitars Over Guns is bringing their operations and programs virtual, creating support funds for their musician mentors, and released this inspiring music video to remind us of the power of community overcoming adversity (see Herald Article)
- Mind&Melody has been adopting digitally transformative practice including rolling out remote versions of their impactful music programs for seniors – they already have a few virtual clients!
If you have any other resources you’d like to share with fellow changemakers, let us know!