- This event has passed.
Org Toolkit: Legal Issues for Nonprofits
April 24 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am UTC+0$10
Topics we will cover in this workshop include:
- Do I need an entity for my nonprofit activities? When?
- Who’s liable? Working with volunteers (both board members and people involved in operations).
- What’s allowed? Engaging with elected officials and candidates for office through your non-profit.
- Board governance. Making sure you are doing what the IRS and others expect of you if you have a board.
- Contracts, grants and donor agreements. When should we consider engaging an attorney to help review agreements?
- MOUs and MOAs With Our Partners: Should we have them? If so, what should we cover in them?
Speaker: Kristina Raattama is Principal of MK Consulting, LLC.
9 – 9:30 am: Registration and refreshments
9:30 – 11 am: Presentation
Org Toolkit | Join Center for Social Change members and other local nonprofits and changemakers for this monthly presentation on organizational development topics in our second floor conference room.