- This event has passed.
Org Toolkit: Non-profit Legal Issues
September 11, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am UTC-4$10
Join us to learn about legal issues facing nonprofit organizations.
Some of the topics we’ll cover are:
- Do I need an entity for my nonprofit activities? When?
- Who’s liable? Working with volunteers (both board members and people involved in operations).
- What’s allowed? Engaging with elected officials and candidates for office through your non-profit.
- Board governance. Making sure you are doing what the IRS and others expect of you if you have a board.
- Contracts, grants and donor agreements. When should we consider engaging an attorney to help review agreements?
- MOUs and MOAs With Our Partners: Should we have them? If so, what should we cover in them?
Speaker: Kristina Raattama, principal of MK Consulting, LLC.