- This event has passed.
The Growing Brain: From Birth to 5 Years Old
January 29, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC-4
An event every day that begins at 9:00am, repeating until February 1, 2019
The first time Zero to Three’s “The Growing Brain: From Birth to 5 Years Old” will be offered in Florida! An excellent training on how the brain develops and how professionals can encourage healthy brain development in children from birth to 5 years. Attend all 4 days or choose individual days.
About The Event
This innovative training curriculum focuses on evidence-informed knowledge and strategies with which to prepare professionals who work with infants and young children for their vital role in building healthy brains. The curriculum fills a unique niche by providing a comprehensive understanding of how the brain develops, along with ways the professional can encourage healthy brain development in children from birth to 5 years old.
Participants will learn skills and strategies for understanding and supporting:
- Brain development (architecture and neurobiology) to inform their practice with infants, young children & their families;
- Language, cognition, prosocial behavior, and social-emotional development birth to five; and
- Reducing toxic stress that can negatively influence brain development of young children.
Day 1: (Unit 1) Brain Basics and (Unit 2) Factors Affecting Brain Growth and Development
Day 2: (Unit 3) Communication and Language Development and (Unit 4) Cognition and Executive Function
Day 3: (Unit 5) Social–Emotional Development and (IMH Unit) The Science of Trauma in the Early Years
Day 4: (Unit 6) Understanding Behavior and (Unit 7) The Everyday Play
- January 29, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- $150 – $600
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- Behavior, Brain Development, Child Psychology, Maternity, Motherhood, Social Emotional Learning
- Center for Social Change
2103 Coral Way, #6th floor
Miami, FL 33145 United States + Google Map
- Will C4SC record the event?